Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wed night at the G

Stopped by Kennedy's in Lorain but there wasn't a game going on. I think I'll give Kennedy my # to txt me when they have an action game going.

Drove out to the G and sat down around 8:30. Was up almost a hundo, then back down to a $150 stack, when I get QQ. Guy 3-4 to my right makes it $12, gets 1 caller, and I make it $40 to go. Raiser calls, and the other guy moves in for about $30 more. He was short and was ready to shove with any live cards.

I call, raiser calls, and flop is QQ-10. I have the nuts. Last guy in checks, I check, and turn is a K. He shoves for less than a hundo, and I make the call and drag a very nice pot. I didn't even bother to see what they had, although judging by their play later in the evening, it probably wasn't much.

Played pretty tight the rest of the night, and pulled in a few more pots with decent hands. Folded a few other decent hands to big raises. I was pretty happy with my play, and managed to book a $301 win in about 3 hrs. I probably should have stayed, because the one serious sucker at the table (one of the guys I stacked with the quads and again later with the nut flush vs. 2nd nuts) had about $300 in front of him, but EVERYONE was out to get him and playing every pot he did, so I hit it. This guy was BAD. Almost as bad as the lucky lotto winner we had playing at Dave's last week. Anyway, I decided I needed the money for my road trip. Headed to SC and FL tomorrow night to visit some friends. Did I mention that already on here?

See you when I return.

No comments: