Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Weekend report


No kickball on Friday, we got rained out, so we all went to Amvets and cooked up some food. I got to play around in an industrial kitchen for the first time in quite a while. Felt like home.

Chili Peppers were great! Very good show. Those dudes still pack some energy. We ate at Greenhouse Tavern before the show. They have a really crazy menu for being somewhat hippie. Pig's head, lardo, etc. I ended up getting the ratatouille, which was excellent, though the portion was smallish. Padron peppers appetizer added to that. Top it off with a Burning River from GLBC...mmmmm!

Got my Jeep back yesterday, at 1/3 of the cost of the original quote! Turns out it wasn't the clutch, but severely worn U-joints. It now runs better than it ever has. I am hoping it also fixed the rattle I used to get when the temp dropped under 40 degrees. It feels like it'll be gone.

Picking up the bikes today, they were in the shop getting some gear issues fixed. I played around with them quite a bit but couldn't figure them out. We need to put in some miles! Did I mention I sold the road bike? Used the $$ to pay the Jeep repairs.

No comments: