Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Poker!


I used to keep the 8 of diamonds in my wallet for good luck. It was a numerology thing I either got from my ex wife or some online poker blog/website. I stopped carrying it for a very long time. Last week, as I was walking in to work, I found an 8 of diamonds right outside my office door, and put it in my pocket.


About a week later, yesterday as a matter of fact, I got a text about the evening poker game in Brecksville, Matt G's little berry patch. I had played with these guys twice before and the action was amazing, but hadn't won. A few of the guys are real assholes. Anyway, I decide to go since I'd bailed the last 5-6 weeks in a row, and didn't want to get pulled from the player list. We started at 7:15 and by 8PM I was up $600+, but really couldn't leave so quickly, as hit and runs are really frowned upon in home/private games, especially single table games where a couple people dropping out can kill the entire night. Oh, I forgot to mention that James the Horseshoe poker room manager was there also. I'd played against him on several occasions a few years ago at LF's game, and had pretty much owned him. Somethings never change. I ended up stacking him 3 times for about $1700 total. Rivered a set with KK, turned a set with QQ, and flopped the nuts with 9-10. We were in a $2400 pot around 11PM.

I was up over $2200 (this is a $1-2 NL game) at 11:30, and locked my chips down after that. At about 1AM, I lost $200+to2-3 off suit as bingo hour was getting underway. I got 5-6 callers with AK when I raised it to $25 preflop. They all wanted me to double them up, so I decided to cash. You should have seen the look on their faces. They whined and cried, but screw them, I was up $2002 on a single buy-in. Best $1-2 cash EVER. I think the 2nd best was around $1400-1600 way back when Coleman was hosting.



Moral of the story...the 8of diamonds works! Go Tribe!

No comments: