Monday, October 6, 2008

BBJ Tourney hands

I had the high hand for the entire tourney, although there were 2 sets of quads where there was no call on the river. I had A's full of 8's and nearly stacked the player to my right (John??). He had an A. It's a freaking miracle! Risk your whole stack on top pair. I flopped the set of A's and bet hard all the way, going all-in on the river and doubling up. TY sir.

The next interesting hand, I called a 3.5x raise by Ken Walker. I put him on a big A and I had 55. I figured he push on the flop regardless of whether he hit or not, so all I needed was a low flop. Well, I got what I wanted. Flop was 9-3-2, rainbow. Ken goes all-in and I pretty much insta-call. I flip my pocket pair and Ken semi-slow rolls me, not showing his set of 3's until the turn card. River is a 5...ship it!!! Ken went ballistic..."that's bullshit!"...talking about what a bad call it was and how he's tired of getting sucked out on by donkeys. I mentioned that I had a much better hand pre-flop, and his reply was "not when the money went in". True. I put him on a hand, made a decision, was wrong, and got lucky. Move on. I didnt bitch at Ken at his place on Tuesday when he called $15 preflop with K2 suited and got lucky.

Most of the suckouts I've dealt to Ken were the result of him checking a big hand hoping to trap. I'd check and hit or he'd just call my bet. Not my fault he let me catch up. Oh well, I'm surely not changing my gameplan to suit his needs. I'm winning 100% of the time at $1-2 in just over a month and 4 sessions. Lower stakes is another story. I should just give it up, or quit when up $100.

No comments: