Sunday, October 5, 2008

Poker week in review





Tuesday at Ken's:

Nothing much to speak of. I did win a hand with 4-5 people in the hand...there were 4 hearts on the board, and I had pocket 2's with the 2 of hearts for the winning flush.

I was up about $250 at my peak but Ken called a good sized bet preflop with K-2 sooted and flopped trip 2's against my 10-10 on an 8-high board. I ended up giving him about $150 on that hand. (and Ken bitches at me all the time for getting lucky)

I was about even up to the last hand when I pushed against Laidman when I hit my A on the flop with a suited A5. He had AJ and won. Finished down $90.

Friday at TK's:

23 players in the BBJ. I finished 4th, winning $230. I also profited $170 in the cash game, so it was a pretty decent night. If I had quit on Tuesday when my little man was screaming at me, I'd be up around $2K this month. Instead, it's about $1700. Still not bad. If I can pull $500/month average I'll be happy as hell. It's a car payment. Another great thing is that I'm keeping my losses much smaller than my wins, so even if I do lose a few in a row, it hopefully will not be a huge bankroll hit.

I'll add more tourney details later this week. There were a few interesting hands.

No comments: