Friday, March 20, 2009

Nautica...donk-a-licious!!

Chalked up a $200 win last night. Awful hands almost all night. Was down about $300 at one point, then got AK 3 hands in a row and hit a K twice and got paid. All you need is a few decent made hands to hold up there. Later, I took a huge pot when I flopped 2 pr with a K4 from the BB in an unraised pot. Cracked the slow-played AA, who didnt really decide to play the hand until the turn, when he finally raised. By then, there wasn't much of a draw out there, so I put him on big slick and acted accordingly. He put me all-in on the river to double me up and put me back in the black. 2 hands later I won another pot with QJ suited against Q3 suited. Cashed and left. The heater continues, although most sessions will be disappointing compared to the hands I was dealt last week. Wow.

The play at the $1-2 was pretty bad overall. Lots of bluffing, which I had to refrain from after I got called (just after I sat down) by a guy with 3rd pair. Calls a pot sized bet on the turn and river. Oh well, I got it back. I also had a guy call me with zero draw and hit a 7 on the river (K7 he had) to beat my pocket 6's. He was old and a little slow I think, and made string bets every hand. We had to keep him in line with the betting, and he never did quite comprehend it.

No comments: