Monday, March 30, 2009

No cash game for me this weekend

I busted out of Dave's tourney early, and decided to head home. I had moved a bunch of stuff into the new place that afternoon, and was pretty whipped, so decided to head home. Too bad, I am sure it was juicy.

So in the tourney, I was out early, but I did manage to pick up a great tell from Julie. I had a strong hunch last week when I almost stacked her, but this week I'm sure of it. I am hoping to get he back at my table for the next one. Unfortunately, this weekend, it cost me my stack in the long run. Earlier, I raised with KQ, flopped a K, bet, and Julie raised. I was certain I had her on the flop, but just called. An A fell on the turn (she plays every A unless there is a big raise, which I only raised small), and I bet out this time, and she pushed. This is where I knew she had hit her 2 pr, and I had to fold, even though her all-in wasn't much more. I got her to show her A7 (2-pr) and was pretty happy about the fold, but I should have raised on the flop. Next time... So anyway, my read seems to be dead-on, so it should pay off in the future. Julie, I know you read my blog...come play the cash game! :)

I went to the rail after hitting my nut straight, which also gave Julie her nut flush. No re-buys...damn.

Had a great night at Dave's cash game last week, so the cash game win streak is at 7 or 8 in a row I think. I'll be checking out Nautica on Thursday this week if anyone wants to join me. TK had a great story about Chan at Nautica this weekend. Maybe he'll post it on the board. Apparently, Chan sat and played tight for a few hours, and the only hands he showed were bluffs with a 3-5, until he finally went all-in with a 9-4 and got called by AA. The bullets held up and Chan lost his stack. NH sir. I cant wait to sit at his table again. He never did get back to me on the heads-up challenge. I am ready when he is.

1 comment:

diverjoules said...

Nice write up. A tell huh? Well good to know. See you at the tables sir. LOL :-)