Thursday, November 12, 2009

Another win at Dave's

Cashed $700 for a $500 profit last night. I was actually over $900 at one point but gambled a bit in the last half hour or so.

Started off stacking Dave with Q4 of spades when he made it $4 preflop, and I was in the blinds. Flopped 2-pr to crack his AA. I cracked Danny C's AA later with Q9, hitting 2-pr on the river.

Busted Grayday a couple times, as always. Got him with a 7-high flush after I flopped a pair, and he bet out on the river with 4 spades on the board. I knew he was spadeless. Correct! Later, I re-raised him preflop with pocket 10's. Rob M bets the 9-8-2 board ($20), GD calls, and I make it $100. Rob folds, GD shoves for almost $300 more. I finally call, and he shows a flush draw. No good. He wasn't happy. There was a long stretch there where he only showed me good hands, and lately it's been nothing but bluffs, so until he shows me some hands, he's getting called. Actually, if he had raised Rob's initial $20 bet instead of calling, I probably would have laid it down. I almost folded anyway.

I showed Rob a couple of sweet bluffs to take a couple nice pots. He had me beat each time but I had a decent draw. He cashed big. He hit everything last night. He made a couple of HUGE calls with crap like bottom pair (he had 8-2!!!!!), and then hit runner-runner boat against Colin. He must have had a half dozen boats. In the 8-2 hand, he called something like $30 on the flop with just a 2 and an 8 kicker.

Me and Hip got into a sweet hand. I have QQ, and Hip is on my right. He makes it $12 preflop and I toss $20 on top of that. Flop is AQ-10. Don't remember the flop betting, but we got it all in right then and there. I knew he didn't have AA, so I said "please just dont show me KJ", and he shows AQ. Whew, crushed!...Turn...A. NH sir. Hip forgot to slow-roll me, which would have been an awesome move. Nice 2-outer donkey. :)

So I seem to be stringing together some decent wins lately. Hopefully I can keep it rolling.

2 comments:

diverjoules said...

Wow.. Nice WIN!!!

hiphop said...

Yeah....i owe you a slow roll...

I RULE THE SLOW ROLL