Monday, August 2, 2010

Great weekend, but another loss

Had 15 players over for my tourney on Saturday. Cooked some great wings on the grill and had a good time, but my KQ failed to hold up vs TK's AK in the tourney, and after a few too many Bud Lights, I got smacked in the cash game as well. Play ended just after 4 am. We even had a HA game going for a little while.

I had about 10 B's left when I shoved against TK, who took a while to call. I actually thought I was ahead when he finally pushed his chips in. Wrong.

Caveman and Matt S were 1st and 2nd, with Cheryl taking 3rd. Matt won Julie's the next day. He's pretty aggressive. I found in the cash game that playing back at him will get that under control. He seems to know when to fold.

Some notes after the tourney...I definitely need a new grill. The wings took forever to cook on the one small hot spot. My AC needs to be fixed as well. Calling the landlord today. It got pretty hot but the fan and open windows helped. I will also pick up that table that eRock has offered. I'll use the big table as a tabletop for the dining room.

Slacks has put a weekend of debauchery on the calendar for his place up on Johnson's Island for the weekend of the 27th. Should be fun.

No comments: