Sunday, October 31, 2010

New girlfriend, Halloween weekend, tourney cash

So, I've met someone! We went out for the first time last Friday and have seen each other every day since, so I think it's safe to say that things are going well. We went to Pier W...fantastic restaurant. Get the Heller Estates organic Cabernet. Fucking yummy! Great moonlit night too.

Her name is Caprice, she lives in Lorain (not far from Dave's), she's a tutor in the process of getting her teaching certificate, she's smart, funny, cute, and actually laughs at the stupid shit I say. She is creative in a Martha Stewart kinda way and has a great place. She has 2 daughters, 14 and 10. She makes the best ham sandwich you've ever tasted. Even if you wanted turkey. She has an amazing smile. A few of the guys met her on movie night Thursday.

Poker... 2nd place at Dave's last night. Only 2 tables, but the rebuy structure, once the rebuys were over, allowed for some decent play. I rebought twice and added on. Quintupled after the last rebuy when I hit my open ender against a set, a wheel straight, and a flush draw. Went heads-up with MEATS and we were about even going in. He caught me on a bluff and called a river bet where I missed a draw and he had a pair. He later got me to lay down KQ on a AKx board where he had a flush draw, then we both caught pairs when I had KQ again vs his A9, and he took it down. I think we were heads-up for 30-45 min. Great game Meatsie. I didn't play the cash game.

I got my Sebring cleaned up and ready to sell. I've had 2 hits so far. I may also have someone to take over payments on the Jeep I've been saddled with. Decided to keep my Eclipse instead.

Oh! and I joined the Powerhouse Gym yesterday. Gotta get my gym on for the winter. $80 for 3 months for a gym within walking distance was a no-brainer.

2 comments: