Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Guess who's back!

Sorry, I've been busy. I'm gonna start posting again here after my longest hiatus ever. Poker is still up and down, more up lately. Work is going pretty well. Caprice and I are still doing great. Looks like we'll be shacking up in a few months. I dumped my iPhone for an HTC Evo, which is freaking sweet and I'm saving $40-ish a month. So much more you can do with them. Sold my Iphone for $285 with all the accessories. I'm looking at buying a used iPad 1st generation for playing with around the house.

My grandfather passed away early last month, that sucked. He had a tough few weeks and finally called it quits. Not bad for 97 years old. I'll miss him. I want to go just like that. He basically just closed his eyes and stopped breathing.

Caprice got a bike over the past weekend. Looking forward to some rides. I got a rack for the Jeep. I'm still trying to sell the Eclipse. Got it all cleaned up and someone is looking at it tonight. Fingers crossed. caprice is going to try to bike the Pedal to the Point event with us. She should be fine with some regular exercise. We'll put in a few 30+ milers.

The fucking weather has sucked ass! Longest winter in history. We've only had like 2 days over 60 and one of them it rained like a mother.

Took Caprice and her oldest daughter to the gun range a couple weeks ago, and they loved it. That was Caprice's 2nd trip. If she wants to take a CCW course, I'd buy her a carry piece. I might give her my LCP and get a Sig P238 for myself. I still carry the XD most of all but need something small for summer.

Things I want to do this summer, since I still have 4 weeks vacation to burn before July...
* Go camping over a 3 or 4-day weekend.
* Weekend trip to Motor City (I just heard the bad beat jackpot is like $400k)
* Florida with Caprice (and maybe her kids) I'm working on getting her to move there :)
* Shoot my AR15 with Caprice and her kids. They'll love it.
* Misc 3-day weekend trips

...just to name a few.

Ok, I'll check back ASAP.

3 comments:

GregDude said...

Good to see a Cleveland Blogger.

I doubt the Motor City BBJ is at $400K. When it occasionally gets over $100k, the room is packed all day with 2-hr waiting lists

Capri said...

Oh I will do the long bike ride...have no doubt, even if I'm dragging my tired ass in dead last!

Blogger #722346B said...

Greg, I heard the list was 80 deep at 2pm on a Tuesday.