Monday, April 11, 2011

Cash game at my place this weekend



Had a decent time over the weekend. The main table was $.25-.25 and we had $1-1 going in the dining room. World's Greatest Dad packed them in for some donkalicious action. I guess there were some monster pots.

I ended up losing $45 at the kids table. caprice did OK for her first time, although she lost $30 on the night. She mostly folded after calling and then getting raised (she needs to learn that raises don't always mean someone has a better hand), but she did win a few pots, one with AA, which was nice. She folded a nut flush to a full house, but she really should have called that one (the bet was small, but I'm not sure she knew she had the flush. I was sure to let he know that straights and flushes are the bread and butter of the winning players' game.) Anyway, she was able to sit in for quite a while. She'll get better for sure.

I got sucked out by Silent Dave when I shoved with AK after I hit a pair. He hit his set of 7's on the river. I gave Jimmy Bunch a couple pots after making some bad calls, and another where he had me outkicked.

We ended up playing until just after 4am. I made some killer kielbasa/cabbage/noodles and Caprice made a lemon and chocolate chip cake that was freaking awesome.

Went to see Raegen (Caprice's oldest daughter) in her school play on Saturday. The play sucked but she did a great job. I was in drama in HS, it was a lot of fun.

Sunday it got over 80 degrees so I cleaned up the Jeep, washed the dog (who subsequently went outside and rolled in dirt), and then we racked up the bikes for a ride. We headed into Oberlin on the bike trail, had some lunch, and rode back. You can see out track here. Caprice has a nice new bike that should do well for her. She needs some accessories yet but she did great for a first ride, doing 16 miles.

No comments: