Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Long weekend


Got everything out of the apartment on Saturday. Sold my desk and a few boxes of misc electronics. Let the desk go for $75 but at least I didn't have to move it again. I still have some stuff in the garage and attic that I'm trying to sell. I actually sold the spare bed for $50 but dropped the price for the guy when I saw that the box spring was in bad shape.

Friday, my Jeep started leaking coolant like crazy. It had been overheating about once every month or so, and I just had to add more coolant and it was OK for a while, but now it's leaking like a faucet. I dropped it off at the mechanic in Bay that has worked on my vehicles before and is pretty honest. Hoping to pick up after work. It also has the ailment known as the death wobble. It's actually a youtube phenomenon. I get this all the time, and it's terrifying, but not when I'm going over 50, thankfully. I had it in a few weeks ago at a different place but they couldn't find any problems. This is going to be extremely dangerous when it starts to snow, so I really hope they can fix it. In fact, if I can't find someone that can fix it, I'm gonna have to trade it in. Maybe I'll go back to an SUV. I loved my Isuzu Rodeo, I should have kept it. The Eclipse purchase was more of an impulse/midlife crisis buy.
UPDATE: Just got word that I need a new radiator, some front springs (they aren't sure if it will fix the wobble) and some bolts in the rear. $703. Ouch. Every time I have a few bucks left over after payday...BAM!


So anyway, spent a lot of the weekend getting stuff situated at the house. I still have to finish reorganizing the kitchen to my professional specifications. The bedroom isn't completely finished yet either, but most everything else is in place.

Spent Sunday driving to Maumee Bay for brunch to celebrate Caprice's grandmother's 98th birthday. She isn't as with-it as she was when I first met her but for her age, she barely needs a cane and is still very social. I wish I could have gotten my grandfather out of the house as much as she does. This December would be gramps' 100th birthday. I think I'll thrown him a party just for the hell of it.



No comments: