Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weekend update/gun talk


Almost finished a new computer lab on Friday. We have so many labs now. I think we have 15 total, not counting mobile carts with laptops or netbooks.

So, Friday evening started with selling my XD-40. Pretty much got what I paid for it, and threw in the rail light, box of ammo, some defensive rounds, and spare light battery. Caprice and I got grinders from Bellacino's at Cobblestone, then went home and watched Pulp Fiction with her oldest daughter, who'd never seen it. Still my 3rd all-time favorite, behind LOTR trilogy and Goodfellas.

Picked up the new XDs-9 on Saturday. The guy that owns White House Artesian Springs also has an FFL and sells out of his office. Nice guy.

Hit the range about noon on Sunday to test out the XDs. 60 flawless rounds! Accurate enough, though I shot to the left, but I think that was me and not the gun. I ordered a new rail light for the XD9 sub compact that will become the new bedside firearm. Gonna also need a new holster for the XDs. I went though the gun safe and found all my .40 ammo to sell, along with a few other items from guns I no longer own, to sell and help cover the XDs cost. It came out to $532, I sold the 40 for $450, and should make almost $100 for the other stuff, so it will be a wash.

After the range...Browns game. Season over.

Went to Veronica's soccer game after that. Actually more exciting than the football game, and they won!



No comments: