Friday, January 15, 2010

Back to running bad

Wed night at Dave's...

* My middle set of 7's vs Mailman's top set of Q's beat. We both flopped them.
* Stacked off to Grayday with AJ and a flop of J77. He had 7-8 off after calling $8 preflop.
* Small blind, I have 3-5 of spades, get to check it, see a free flop, and flopped a flush with gutshot SF draw. Get my stack in against Grayday (again), and he had flopped the nut flush from the BB with K6 of spades.

FUN FUN FUN!!!

Only real bright spot of the night was spotting Dave's quads after he hit them on the turn. His hesitation at calling my $10 bet screamed "I have quads!". Always does. I bet the same $10 on the river and of course he says..."raise". I said "I know", showed my AJ for the full house, and mucked. Board was 10-10-J-10-4. He showed the quads. I've had quads enough times to be able to spot them. If he'd quickly called my turn bet, or even raised it then, I'd have paid him off on the turn and river for sure. Saved me a bunch of money.

Anyway, I played fine again, with my only real mistake being the call from Grayday with my AJ. Didn't get beaten by dumb luck either...my good hands just weren't good enough.

No comments: