Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Movies and poker


Met MEATS, Slacks, Hip, and my brother for burgers at Blakes, then went to see Shutter Island. MEATS saw Edge of Darkness by himself, Slacks didn't go to a movie, and Roland joined us for just the movie. Hip wanted to see Cop Out, but it's not in theaters yet.

Decent movie, but not fantastic. I had the plot figured beforehand, so no huge surprises. Visually very cool. Nothing about it creeped me out though. Very little suspense.

Got out around 10 and decided to catch some cards at Gemini. Sat down at a table with Paoli, Sadd, and Roland, and won $540 in about an hour and was home by midnight. Very little of it was from CPMG members. The rest of the table was a bunch of donks. One example...I called $8 from the button with Q9 suited and flopped the nut straight. 2 - $100+ all-ins ahead of me!! The $8 raiser had KK and the other caller had KJ for top pr. Played the players and caught a few hands, then cashed while I was ahead. I was tired anyway. My little man said to stick around, but with Sadd and Paoli there, some huge swings were certainly possible.

I am thinking that stopping in later in the evenings is a good idea. The place was PACKED, and although there were some regulars, there were still plenty of fish.

2 comments:

hiphop said...

Cop Out!!

Blogger #722346B said...

How did that work out for you? LOL