Monday, February 22, 2010

Poker weekend

Stopped by Gemini for a short while on Sat while out and about, and finished down $19. I was up almost $200, then got AA busted, followed by a full house cracked, which put me down almost $300. OUCH! Managed to get AA then KK back to back to recoup and then got the hell outta there. They pulled me from a total gravy table to a MUCH better table full of seasoned players, so I took the small loss and ran. I would love to have stayed at that table. It was donk city.

Managed to get to Dave's as well. Again, no love in the tourney. A couple hands to note...Dave W can't resist calling a 5X raise with 9-10 suited to catch a pair against my AK. Then, after folding for 2 hours, I have about 8 BB left, and shove with A2 suited, and DP, who was doing his best to give away all his chips (and eventually succeeded in fine fashion, despite having a monster stack), calls with 9-7 suited, catching a pair. The MEATS took it down. NH sir, you are my hero! I need to get back up into the top 10, as I predicted. I am still ahead of Tina in our $100 finish-higher bet, despite barely playing this year.

Of course, there is always the cash game. Played decently and ended up $130 on the plus side.

No comments: