Monday, November 15, 2010

Another great poker-less weekend!










I'm starting to like NOT playing poker on the weekends. Not that I have the money to play lately anyway with the fucking extra car payment :( Lesson learned. Maybe it will be destroyed by some wonderful act of nature and I'll get out of it. Otherwise I'm gonna have to move into a cave soon, or talk MEATS into moving in to be my roommate. (JK on the latter option, sorry MEATS)

Anyway, I volunteered to help Caprice at her daughter's school lock-in event Friday night. 200+ middle schoolers beating the hell out of each other and running around. It wasn't much different than being at work actually lol. My office is outside the HS cafeteria and it's like that every day at lunch time. We didn't have to stay the entire time...her daughter hated it so we left to drop her off at her Grandmother's where we hung out for a bit, then headed back to her place.

Saturday, we left for C-bus before 2 PM and stopped by carmax to get an offer on my Eclipse, which turned out to be a joke. They didn't offer me half of what I owe on it. Ah well. We checked into the hotel then headed to Dave+Busters, right on time. Until we asked where the billiards room was that it is. Turned out we were at the wrong location. I was confident Graham would be late anyway (I've never once seen him on time for anything. Not that there's anything wrong with that), so we headed across town to the other location, and of course Graham wasn't there yet, so it all worked out. We surprised him, had apps and drinks, then played some games. Turns out I am MUCH better at basketball than Caprice is. Like 34-2. :) But she did beat me at the motorcycle racing game, just before I took all her chips at the electronic poker game. I got Graham a Barnes & Noble gift card and small bottle of Maker's, all in a nice little "Sassy Pants" gift bag. Very nice. We later stopped off at another bar to have a couple more... it was just Graham and Aaron.

Me and Caprice managed to get into the hotel jacuzzi around 1:30 after the clerk said the door was unlocked and it would be OK if we "didn't scream". We soaked and talked for about 45 min. Good times.

Got up early, yada yada, yada, (LOL) had some free hotel breakfast, and headed back home so we could head to the game. Great freaking game! Last minute CLE TD sent it to OT, where we were handed the win a few times, but got no love. We lost in the last 30 seconds...WTF!! Too many missed opportunities on both sides of the ball. Oh well it was a great game to watch and we had a lot of fun. Ran into a ton of people I knew. We met JC at the Lizard for some chow and a Christmas Ale before taking the rapid back to 117th. Got home after 8 and crashed by 9:30, totally exhausted.

All weekends should be as fun! One of these days I'll get back to the cash game. it would be great to put a 'roll together and make a nice run again, I can use the scratch. I'm growing weary of paying for stupid shit my ex has screwed me on. What a financial train wreck.

No comments: