Friday, May 13, 2011

And the asscrack of the year award goes to...









Stopped down at Nautica twice in the last couple weeks, and did OK. I was there 2 weeks ago and was $450 deep, down to my last $27, and managed to cash out with a $10 profit! That's a big win.

Went down last night, got $500 deep, was down to about a hundo, and cashed with $341 in profit. Hit a few hands down the stretch and got paid off. Had a guy (an Asian! I beat an Asian!) re-raising me with my 9's full of A's, when he had 89 suited. He was drawing dead on the turn. Ship it.

Counting up my sessions, I am 8-3 in wins and $1530 profit since 3/4. Gonna try to keep it together and chipping up.

On the home front, I've done a little biking (hoping to get out with Caprice tonight) and I am on a bit of a health kick lately. I haven't eaten meat in 5 days and I've been living on about 1100 calories a day, which is WAY low, but has been surprisingly much easier than when I was doing 1900 calories. I was VERY hungry the first 36 hours or so but it has really settled down, and I am starting to feel pretty decent. I'd been having some kidney pain (I think anyway. Going to the doc next week) and it seems to be lessening.

I am trading in the iPad (did I mention I got one for $300 on Craigslist? Couldn't pass up the deal)...but I am trading it for a Dell laptop with Core i3 CPU and all the bells/whistles. It's worth about $500. I'm gonna sell the other Dell I got from the meth heads last month for a hundred bucks. I should be able to get $350-ish for it, so I'll probably pocket that dough. Netflix just came out on the Evo so I really don't need the iPad at all. The best thing about it is that it's always connected. I guess I could leave the laptop on at all times, but the battery would run out.

Big changes coming up at work in the next couple months. One of my bosses is retiring, I am losing a tech, and it looks like the other tech isn't interested in working 5 days a week, so he may be leaving. The superintendent will be taking on a bigger role in tech coordination, and we're also doing a big server virtualization project. Gonna be a busy summer I am guessing. Me an Caprice still have some plans, so they should be OK. Looking forward to a fun summer.

No comments: