Thursday, May 26, 2011

POY and no-max cash update

No love in the POY. I was up and down due to good play and really awful play. The worst hand was when I THOUGHT I had 9-10 but really had 8-9. I'd had the 9-10 the previous hand. I thought I had broadway on the river and it woulda been the nuts. I shoved out a pretty nice bet and got insta-called by 2-pair. I am glad he didn't shove quickly because I would have called. DUH...just freaking awful. I think I made it past half the field. Lost about $25 in the cash game then donked off a hundo cutting cards with Colin for $50 a pop. Good times.

Jack T-way won the POY. Congrats sir.

My post on the CPMG board regarding last night's no-max game at my place:
2 full tables most of the night. No real monster train wrecks last night despite Grayday buying in for $1800 and Charlie Ha making an appearance. Grayday was VERY quiet at the table. I think Hip won the biggest pot at our table when we both flopped open-ended SF draws and Jen had (I think) 2 pair. I folded on the turn after putting in $60.

I went on a 4 hour run where I couldn't miss, which was fun. I cashed out WAY ahead. Home field advantage I guess.


Had a pretty good time. I cashed up $880. I was up over $900 about 3 hours before we quit and my little man was screaming at me. I ended up losing about $200 back before chipping back up. I didn't want to cash and just sit around. I guess I could have just got up a took some breaks. Oh well it's still a huge win for a $1-1 game. We had about $10k in the bank.

Team tourney this weekend. We added Leastbest to the team. He's fairly solid and does pretty well in tourneys, although he's been doing better in cash lately. Karl is still not a 100% definite to show, so Matt G or Prowest may have to be called in to pinch hit.

No comments: