Thursday, October 25, 2012

Comments and gripes


Bit of a blah week despite some decent weather. Managed to do a bike ride last night around the 'hood. The ghetto/industrial bike ride is always fun. Went almost 8 miles, nothing fancy.

I'm getting into that change of seasons funk I get into every year

Saw a great movie over the weekend...Argo. All the conspiracy theorists say it's out now because they are trying to re-villify Iran so we can go to war with them. I don't doubt we'll get involved over there, but I really don't think Ben Affleck is a government shill. Either way, a war with Iran is going to be about 1 thing, as always...oil.

Ate at Pine Garden in Lorain for what I am hoping will be my last time on Sunday. For some reason, Caprice's mom and grandma seem to love that place. I admit their food used to be pretty good, but not lately. The place is NASTY to begin with. I'm not gonna do a full review but my food sucked and the restaurant is completely disgusting.

Played some poker. Did poorly. My own fault. 

My phone is killing me! I'm sooo ready for a replacement although I'm still not 100% into the iPhone5.

Watched the Browns game. Awful coaching. This article sums it up nicely. 

This coming weekend...corn mazes, Halloween parties, football, and who knows what else.

Work is going great again! We are pretty well caught up on tech issues and I'm now able to focus on some projects. We are going full wireless at our HS which should be cool. Holiday season isn't far off. I'm taking the week of Thanksgiving and possibly all of Christmas break off.

Speaking of work, this juicy bit of gossip is rolling around lately. He used to be chairman of our regional tech committee and I worked closely with him on a few tech projects. WTF? What are you thinking when you decide this is a good idea? Very smart guy too.

Looking for an inexpensive laptop? Click here.




No comments: