Monday, October 8, 2012

Insert blogpost title here :)


Great weekend. Went to see The Master Friday night. Bad movie. Great acting but no plot.

Spent Saturday getting ready for the clam bake/pork roast. Slacks did the bakes and I roasted a while pork loin with mashed potatoes and gravy. Simmered the gravy for hours, it was silky smooth.

We had food everywhere in the kitchen and dining room. An entire half chicken with each bake is WAY too much we've come to learn. Next year maybe we'll do steaks instead, or a qtr chicken. Either way, everything was delicious. The pork loin turned out much better than I thought it would be after sitting in the freezer so long.

Had a great time. We had almost 30 people through the door all night. Stayed up late. Smelled like campfire.

Stayed at home Sunday. Watched the Browns fail in a big way. Wow. I've got tix to next week's game.

First pic below is the minestrone I made last week. Soup season is back!

Neil Young is in town tonight, but I don't have tix. Haven't seen him live since the mid 80's. Still contemplating going to the DET Friday to see Louis CK. Rush is playing this week as well. I've never seen them. I should probably check them out sometime soon, who knows when they will call it quits.





No comments: