Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Holy shit what a blast


First off, congrats to Andrew on his engagement. Best wishes.

Despite the fact that I experienced the worst suckouts and took a brutal ass-raping at the poker tables, I had one of the best times in Vegas ever. Side-splitting laughter, great food, a really comfy roll-away bed, and even some hair-raising thrills. I'll only tell one bad beat story. The rest are pretty similar.
Ask Slacks or Andrew for an explanation of the Jack in the Box logo here. Funny story but not one for mixed company.

OK, the bad beat to start it off, then I'll restart at the beginning for the entire story.

We're at TI, where we started the whole gambling adventure. We got lei'd and had some drinks at the bar. I was pretty hammered after all the xanax on the plane (I'll tally the drink total later, I may have set a new personal record) So anyway, we're playing $1-3, and you are allowed to straddle for any amount. I get to the straddle position and make it $15...WTF, it's Vegas baby! Andrew and 1 other guy call ahead of me, and I look down at AK suited, so I put $50 on top. Andrew folds and this other guy calls. Flop comes Q high, rainbow. I am wasted so I go all-in for about $175 in a $140 pot. This idiot insta-calls me and flips over J3 suited...absolutely nothing. Andrew told me later that the dealer even snickered at the call. Of course, he hits his 3 and takes down a monster pot. I almost feel guilty about the berating I gave him. NOT!! what a dumbass. So anyway, that's pretty much how the poker went. I got 2 sets of Q's and a set of A's busted. Barely hit any hands anyway. 2 pair was a monster for me, and every time I had it, it was no good.

I'll have to make a few posts here with the whole story and pics.

No comments: