Wednesday, April 9, 2008

More poker


Woo hoo! 2 wins in a row. About time. I finished $40 ahead at Ken's last night. Not much but a nice boost for my confidence before Vegas.

I played one hand particularly well. I had AQ and put in 8 or 10 on top preflop. There were 3 callers. I'm in mid position. Flop was AA4, and I checked, and it checked around. (This is a passive table mind you, so a bet here would have scared anyone away, especially Jen the lawyer and Dave the quiet mouse) Turn is a Q giving me the nuts. It checks around again. River brings a 7, and Dave leads with $25. Jen Folds. I think for a minute and push with $125 on top. Somehow I knew he'd call. He agonizes for a few minutes, asking if I have a boat, then calls, showing pocket 7's. Double-up!

I later misplayed AA (didnt raise enough preflop) and JJ (I had the over pair but there was a flush out there on the board and someone flopped it) but overall I played well.

I mixed up some draws pretty good too. I had several flush draws, and instead of just calling, I lead with a bet, check-called, and even check-raised. Only the hand where I lead out actually hit, but I took in a decent pot anyway.

Nguyen was there and playing rather tight. WTF? Dont know what happened after I left, which was by 12:30.

UPDATE! Apparently Nautica's indoor poker facility is going to be a year-round deal. They have opened NL tables as well, for $20 an hour. I have been told that they have chips for the cash games now. That is a HUGE positive move. A NL table with cash would be ridiculous.

No comments: