Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Poker Update

Despite a dismal evening at Dave's on Saturday, I'm still upbeat this week after yet another win at Hip's game. 5-0 now. It was a crazy night. I made a $75 snap call on the river against Caveman in a $150 pot with A-high that was good. Everyone was aghast. I knew it was a stab. Calling a bluff like that or making a great laydown is so much better than hitting that miracle card on the river...although I did a little of that last night too.

I totally pwned Caveman last night. I pushed on him twice with the nut flush and he paid me off. I called him down twice with 10-2 suited (hit the 10 both times) and was good. I was on a bit of a roller coaster after Hip made a couple good calls against me (next time I WILL have a hand bro...or a least a better kicker lol), Uncle Bob hit his usual 2-pair with A-7 against my AJ, and even Knish got a piece of me. He flopped a set of 7's, bet all the way to the river (I just called, looking to hit the nut flush), and then the river pairs the K but also gives me the nut flush. I had put Knish on 2 pair or even a total bluff. He CHECKS the full house, and I bet out $50 (which was the same as the turn bet), and he just calls. I ask..."no raise?" He said I had him confused. My flat-calls apparently made him think I had a bigger boat? Either way, I saved a ton of $$ on that hand as I thought I was way good.

There was another guy there that came with his brother (seems to love to gamble) that was bleeding chips like crazy, I just couldn't get any of them. Hip had his number.

So the roller coaster went like this: Buy in for $200, down $100, add-on $200, up $400, down $100, up $350, then run for the door. I had been kicking myself for not leaving when up $400 and was lucky Caveman rebought several times and stuck around to keep me ahead. He was the only one I could beat. I'll take a win like that any day. I dont know what it is about the lower stakes game, but I really need to stay away from it and just play the donkaments.

No comments: