Wednesday, July 22, 2009

666 to the rescue

Dug myself out of a huge hole at Nautica last night. Was down about $500, and managed a $250 win.

Was up early, then got QQ cracked by a donk with 10-8. He hit top pair with his 10, called when I put him all-in, and hit his kicker. NH. Another guy called my $210+ all-in with his flush draw in a $100 pot to crack my JJ (over pair to the board) Nailed it! NH sir.

Anyway, I was on my third+ buy-in and had managed to get myself back to within a hundo of even, and I get pocket 6's. I was in the BB and just checked. There were about 4-5 people to the flop. Flop was 7-4-3 rainbow, and I lead out with a 3/4-pot-sized bet, and the old Crazian with the John Deere hat calls. Turn is another 7, and I bet again. He just calls. I have him on A-3 or A-4, or possibly even a gutshot with a 5 or 6 in his hand. The river boats me up with a 6. I stare blankly at the board, and meekly check. I am certain he's gonna bet no matter what. He's the type that will either try to steal after he missed, and will certainly bet if he hit something. He bets $100, and has about $80 left. I put him all-in, he calls, game over. I guess he claimed to have had a straight. I rack them up and run for the cage with $904.

Jeremy was at my table (so was Slacks, who got shafted by a guy chasing his 9-high flush) and sends me this txt while I was on my way home: So they were talking about how lucky u are. And one guy said "he loses all the time. Last time I played with him he lost $3500". Made me laugh.

Made me laugh too. I wish I could afford to bring $3500 to a 1-2 game. I think the most I ever lost there was about $700. I am WAY up down there, as are most CPMG members. I may be lucky, but I will take mad luck over mediocre skills every time.

That's 2 sessions in a row I've profited with pocket 6's.

No comments: