Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A couple pics and iPhone game review



Check out the carnival ride name. It'll apparently make you shit your pants. FAIL!!!

I have the popular Hold 'Em game for my iPhone that is actually made by Apple. It looks great and the game play is smooth, but the AI is completely awful, and it seems the random card generator sucks as well. Check out the pic. I went all-in after hitting the flop, and I get called by 8-2. Runner-runner. This happens 80-90% of the time once you reach the money or the final table. Amazing what you get called with.

A couple of other complaints:

* From the very beginning of the tourney (only tourneys are available, no cash), every bet seems to be at least half your stack. I've never played so tight in all my life.

* With all the crazy betting you can often make the money without even playing a hand.

* Heads-up play is a joke. Your opponent does nothing but bet HUGE amounts. I have discovered that if they bet less than half their stack, it's usually a bluff and they will fold to a raise that puts them all-in most of the time.

* Straight and flush draws hit much less often than they should

That being said, I have made $11.1 million over the last few days and make the money 38% of the time. Too bad I cant do that in real life, I'd be trotting the globe playing cards.

Over all, this game was worth the few bucks I paid for it, but I am going to look into another poker game that also has a cash game option. The last one I had for my Treo was pretty cool. I built a stack of over $3 million playing 5-10 NL.

No comments: