Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lots of great cards, small profit

Finished up $102 last night at Nautica, despite some great hands all night long. I just didn't play well.

I sat at the 2-2 limit table while waiting for my NL seat and won $70. I hit a boat, 2-pr, and a couple straights in about 40 min.

Started out great at the NL table pretty good, but made one bad call with AK when I hit the A on a board of AQJ. I KNEW the guy had at least 2 pr, but I called his all-in anyway. It was a pretty big pot, so I thought I'd give it a shot. He had QQ. Oops. Got another hand cracked later by the donkey to Hip's right. He couldn't give his money away fast enough, and I called with the best hand. I had J-10 and hit top pair, and this donk had AK. He shoved on the flop and caught running diamonds for the flush. He gave away about $700 in about an hour.

Later on, I called a huge shove by another guy after I had hit top-top with AQ. I put him on a flush draw, and he would have hit it, had he not already had a set of 9's. SHIT!! Terrible call.

I had $550 on the table which included the $70 profit from the limit game, and cashed $582. I walked in with $480, and also spent $80 total in seat fees. So technically at poker I won $182, but my profit was only $102. I always factor in the seat fees, but the math seemed fuzzy last night. Bottom line was I walked in with the $480 and left with 102 more.

So anyway, the table and cards did provide me with a win, although I did my best to donk it all off. Had I laid down those few hands, I would have been up over a grand for sure. All those great hands wasted...damn. I had QQ a few times that held up, 2 full houses with pocket 2's, a couple of other sets, flushes, etc.

No comments: