Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Monday night win, DET tonight!

I have no idea how, but I managed to profit $196 last night. Got some monster hands cracked early, losing with AA twice and a flopped nut straight. I got $600 deep after borrowing 2 buy-ins from LF (yeah, it was payday eve and I only took a single buy-in after losing last week and spending some of my 'roll). I also ran into a set of 4's with my KK, QQ beat my JJ, yada yada yada. You know the drill. Why can't I just win $900 in an hour like the good old days? I did manage to crack AA once with KK when we got it all in preflop.

Luckily, there were plenty of Nautica donks to keep me in the game. Lots of big action. There was one guy that did nothing but bet big, mostly with nothing. I caught him on a river bluff when he bet $35 into a $50 pot. I had KQ high, and knew it was good. Ship it.

I later flopped quad 9's on Uncle Bob. Flop was 997. UB had pocket 7's. Too bad he didn't have me covered. I got him a couple times last night. I actually got down to $55, and managed to chip back up to almost $800 before cashing out. I hit a couple of BIG draws to double up a couple times, which really helped. 2 open enders with flush draws actually hit. I was actually a favorite in 1 of them.

Aside from the lucky hands, I did play well. Calling with KQ high was a thing of beauty. I just knew that guy was stabbing at the pot. He had missed his gutshot.

Off to DET tonight, just for the night. Conference on cloud computing and virtualization tomorrow. Woo-hoo! Crazy!!

I am gonna hit Motor City first, there is usually a decent crowd there. Hopefully it's the same crowd that was there last time I played there.

No comments: