Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Wow, everything happens for a reason

A couple of things kept me from going to the Monday night game this week. I had been sick and took the last 2 days off work, and I am still short on bankroll lately. Otherwise, I'd have been there for sure.

I am almost always armed when I play, but would likely have handed those assholes my little 7-shot .380. Tough to compete with multiple perps whilst carrying just a pea shooter.

I was also recently delayed in purchasing a Kel Tec 9mm for CCW, just a few days ago. I'd been thinking, after watching an episode of Cops where a guy took 2 shots from a .380 and ran away, that I should pack a bit more firepower. Either way, it's hard to say what I would have done in that situation.

One thing for sure, I am thankful that none of my friends were hurt. It could have ended very badly.

2 comments:

Chan said...

me and you were the lucky ones, Rich. This past monday was the only monday I missed so far since the game started and this happened.

Blogger #722346B said...

Good thing you stayed home. Pretty crazy. I hope it never happens again.