Friday, January 13, 2012

When a $9 win feels like $500

Went down to Nautica last night. Sat down around 6:30. Got some nice hands but was still hovering around even when my JJ lost to QQ on an 8-9-10 board. No love after getting it in on the flop. Dude made it 15 pre-flop and I bumped to 45. I put him on big slick of course.

Got a bunch back from the Iraqi minister of information. He's still just terrible. I nailed him on about 4 hands. Until he shows me a winner, I'll call him down with any pair every time.

There was a kid on my right that was extremely green. He'd re-raise/check-raise with crap like bottom pair, yet JUST CALL with the nuts. You couldn't put him on a hand. He'd also do other strange shit like bet $10 into a $120 pot, etc. He was up well over $500 for a while but I had the best of him, beating him on several hands and tilting him a bit. I think he left with about $100 profit after we all ate into his stack. Guys like this are some of your scariest opponents, simply because they cannot be read.

So anyway...I ended up $600 deep after doing some gambling and getting a couple of mis-played big pocket pairs cracked. I also got nailed stabbing $100 into a huge pot that nobody seemed to want. I missed the straight and flush draw but got called by KK. I was down to $150 on the table but managed to scrape some wins together with better play and actually hitting a couple of draws. I was back to around $350 when I get 2 red A's during the last 45 min of play. I have the button too. It pretty much folds around to me except one guy that makes it $12. I bump to $25 and the SB calls along with the original raiser. Flop is Q85, rainbow, and the SB bets $30. Original raiser folds and I make it $100. He flat calls. Turn is another Q...ugh. He checks. He doesn't have much of a stack left, just over $100, so I shove, saying "your Q is good". I actually didn't expect him to call. I thought he was on some sort of draw, but no...he had QJ. He said, "yep, my Q is good". Until the river. The beautiful A of spades. "Not any more!" The table went nuts! Damn that's sick, yada yada yada. Hey the best hand won. After it was over I count up, realize I am back in the black, and cash the fuck out! $9 profit bitches! I figure it cost me just about that much in gas, so it was break-even, but I will take that shit.

TGIF!!! It's a 3-day weekend. Gonna celebrate Caprice's b-day. Hitting up Sans Souci downtown, maybe the gun range to try out my new Ruger LCR .357, and who knows what else.

No comments: