Friday, June 27, 2008

Big win at JC's




Thanks to JC for hosting last night. Still the best venue in town. You can smell the cigars as soon as you get off the elevator. There were 2 full $1-2 tables and a very full $.25-.50 table going all night. Danielle and eRock brought a masseuse. I think she made a few bucks. We chipped in for a half hour for JC.

It was good to see everyone. Kris Rao was there, Big C, Big Show, and even Wellington! Wellington in Coleman's house! Most of the usual degenerates were there also. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

So I sat down with $50 at the kid's table, being freakin broke lately, and almost immediately tripled up. Big Show played back at me with a K4 vs my AK with a K-high board, and I just couldn't lay it down, and it was good. (I did have a flush draw on the turn as well) When Doug Poker (that's his asscrack BTW) and Special K showed up, I gave up my seat and jumped over to $1-2. Never looked back. Hit some hands, put down some bluffs, made some decent laydowns, and generally played pretty well. The one really bad move I made turned out to be classic Diabl0...I raised to $8 with KK, Jeremy re-raises, I bump it again, and he pushes. I call, he has AA. (someone to my left folded QQ) K on the flop, K on the turn...ship it. Jeremy just kinda shook his head. Got almost $200 from him. After I got up over $500, I tightened up and locked my chips down, and even thought about leaving then, but there was still beer in the fridge, so there was no way I was walking out. I did manage to rack up at $963. Coleman was still getting a rub down, so I sat back down at the kid's table again and I must have nearly doubled again, cause I cashed $1009 when JC was finished a few minutes later. I dont know what it is about Coleman's, but I seem to win there about 80% of the time.

I left and managed to catch Glenn Schwartz' last song at Hoopple's.

No comments: