Monday, June 30, 2008

Sunday softball


Softball was a great time Sunday. We had 13 players total, including Wellington as all-time pitcher. He almost got his head taken off a couple times by line drives whizzing past his head. If he'd been hit, he would have gone down hard. Those balls were moving. ( I know...that's what SHE said, right?)

We played 6 innings, with half an inning in a downpour. I was team captain with Hiphop, River Pete, Hacker, Joe (new guy), and Ryan Sadd's neighbor on the team. We put up a great fight but lost to Slacks' team comprised of Slacks, Sadd, 2 of his neighbors, Brad Laidman, and Joe's brother.

Postgame festivities were held at the Parma Tavern. The cabbage and noodles with kielbasa was pretty good. I had a few wings as well.

No major injuries reported, and I'm really not even sore today. I have been getting a decent amount of exercise lately with all the biking, so I'm sure that helps. I am, however, going to be going on a diet to drop 20 lbs sometime soon. Several people have mentioned lately that I've gained weight, and I've been feeling pretty sluggish. Healthy eating, no beer, and more exercise is on the menu. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck. Maybe I'll post it on the board to see if anyone wants to put in a few bucks each as incentive to drop a few pounds.

No comments: