Thursday, June 26, 2008

Vacation days

Had to burn up 2 vacation days this week or I'd lose them. We still have friends in town from Atlanta, so we went to Cedar Point on Tuesday. Good times. I didn't get there last year, so the Maverick was a new ride for me. Very cool. Fast. All I really saw was a couple of tunnels.

Went on the water rides with our friends' 11-year old because no one else was stupid enough to do it. I was wearing denim shorts and it took about 4 hours for them to dry. Nice move. At least I slapped on enough sun block that I didn't burn to a crisp.

Wednesday, I got to sleep in (rare for a weekday) and we were supposed to try to go to Kalahari again, but it was a no-go. I did some yard work instead. Later, we loaded our bikes into the pickup truck and went to the E 55th St Marina, jumped on the Cleveland Lakefront Bike Trail for a small stretch, then down MLK Blvd to University Circle for some food and jazz at Wade Oval. They have different music every Wednesday. Almost got rained on during the ride back to the truck.

Watched the latest Rambo movie back at home. Don't waste your time. Really really bad.

No comments: