Monday, June 2, 2008

Great weekend




The weekend didn't completely fly by for a change. Went to see Indiana Jones Friday night. Don't waste your money. I was pretty disappointed, even though my expectations were pretty low. Movie tickets were $9! Ouch. Medium popcorn and coke...$10. WTF????

Anyway, the movie was extremely cheesy with awful one-liners, and the plot seemed thrown together, like they would shoot a scene, then sit down and talk about what should happen next, then shoot that scene. Just terrible. Check this out, I just stumbled across it: CLICK HERE

Went for a long bike ride on the towpath on Saturday, then played Dave's HO-down tourney later in the evening. I showed up at 8, thinking that's what was listed on the website. Tourney was set for 8:30. I did great, despite my serious lack of Omaha experience. I made a few great laydowns and also caught some hands. I boated early against Data w a K9 suited, and he paid me off after I slow-played the hell out of it. I really only put down one stone cold bluff against a new guy who was pretty aggressive. I check-raised him with nothing and got him to lay down. I caught AA twice (good both times). The first time, Kirsten pushes for 3700 with blinds of $100-200 (I think). I call and win.

So we get into the money (19 entrants, top 4 got paid) and I'm chip leader by a big margin after flopping the nuts (straight with a J-10-7-7...board was 7-8-9 rainbow), and also a set of 7's, after which I boated 7's full of 6's. Mailman mentions to me that it's gonna be me and him heads-up. I said something like "you never know", and looked down at pocket 3's. I called a decent raise from Dave W and saw a flop, which was JJ3. He pushes, I insta-call, and he hangs his head, showing 66. Turn is a blank, river is a J. Fuck!!! Mailman says "I hope I didn't jinx you". Thanks... A few hands later, I limp UTG with JJ, Dave again raises, and I push. He calls, flips AQ, and the first 2 cards are a Q and an A. Buh-bye! 4th place. $10 in profit. Barely enough for a popcorn and soda at the movie theater.

I got some errands done early on Sunday, then went to play softball. We had a great time, but there were a few more injuries this time. JC dislocated/sprained his toe (see pic). He was wearing deck shoes for crying out loud!! Doug C stumbled and fell running out a ground ball, and hurt his knee. I was running up on a fly by Slacks, tried to make an underhanded grab, and the ball smacked me right in the wrist. Don't ask me how, but it hurt like hell. I went directly for the cooler and applied some ice. We ended up at the Parma Tavern and had some chow and a few drinks, and I popped 3 Advil, which seemed to help. It's a lot better today, but still pretty sore, and my legs a re killing me. It sucks getting old.

No comments: