Sunday, July 11, 2010

2 Nautica wins

Up $22 on Thursday and $243 on Saturday, with a total of about 5 hours play. I have now won 9 out of my last 11 cash sessions, going back to my blog hiatus.

Went out to see Patton Oswalt at HOB Friday night, which was a great show. The opening guy was also funny as hell. I have to find his name.

Thursday, I was $520 deep and not playing well. Made a few awful calls, and also got top-2 cracked twice by gutshot chasers. I did make a great read, calling out a guy's pocket 10's when I C-bet the flop with AK and missed. He was cool enough to show his hand. I did make another decent call, but don't recall details. Colin was at my table, and he was running bad too. I saw him miss about half a dozen flush draws and open ender's.

There was a guy overplaying every hand. I saw him re-pop with like mid pair/8 kicker! So I get AQ and make it $17 to go UTG. He calls, along with a couple others. Flop is Q34/rainbow, and I lead out with $25-30. Overplaying guy raises something like $50 on top, and I call. Everyone else leaves. I check-call $50 on the bricked turn, and check the river. He shoves with about $180, and I have him covered. I insta-call, and he gives me the blank stare. I say "I called you". He mumbles "I have a queen", and turns over 1 card. I wait for him to flip his other card, which is a 7. He's got a pr of Q's with a 7 kicker! I exclaim "That's no good...ship it!" and table top-top. Buh bye. He decided not to rebuy. Smart move. That got me back into the black, so I got outta there.

Saturday, I got $600 on the table and managed to cash $843, most of it during the last half hour I played. I chased a gutshot with over cards on 1 of them, and hit an open-ender on another. Got a guy to shove with just a pair. Cashed as soon as I got back into some profit. My play was better than Thursday's session, but still not top notch. I managed to fold a J-high flush to a nut flush, which wasn't easy.

So, I am thinking about a weeknight cash game this week at my place. Details will be on the board.

No comments: