Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wed night at Dave's


Up $112 after a nice roller coaster ride. Found myself $230 deep after some poor play and a couple hands where I was out-kicked. Got back on top in the last orbit when I turned a set of 3's, which gave THE MEATS 2 pr with A3. I doubled up there, and won another pot before last hand. I even played props and didn't miss a card.

RISK! and dealer's choice at the Den of Sin this weekend. Should be fun.

Oh yeah, and check out Tony Bourdain's "Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook". Great book if you've ever had anything to do with the food biz. I LOVED Kitchen Confidential. Fantastic read. I've even loaned it to a retiring teacher that asked me for advice when considering opening a restaurant. He smartly decided against it.

No comments: