Friday, July 16, 2010

Loss at home

Had a great table last night, but through poor play I managed to dump $370. Grayday brought a friend that was spewing chips left and right, but I paid him off at least twice. He was a complete racist that dropped N-bombs all night, got pretty drunk, and even lit up a smoke in my apartment near the end of the night. He didn't quite realize he had lit it I guess, but I asked him to put it out.

I made a couple other terrible calls against Chan and Mike K, and also got a few good hands busted. The first big one was my top-2 (AJ) cracked by Meats' flush, and later a set of 2's by Grayday's runner-runner flush with 10-2 sooted. Ugh.

The pasta with meat sauce turned out great, and Hip brought some donuts. We had 1 strong table until almost 2 am. Overall it was a good time. I need to get some more red chips for the set I bought off Danny C. We ran out pretty early.

After everyone left, I took my dog out for a break, and walking back toward the house I could hear a bunch of yelling/screaming. Sounded like a brawl. Suddenly, gunfire erupted from an area across the river over by a few bars over that way. Here's the story.

Something violent happens just about every weekend at one of the bars over that way.

No comments: