Thursday, July 8, 2010

RIP Dad



My dad passed away last Friday, as many of you already know. He had been in the hospital for about a week, and we'd just moved him to a nursing facility for physical therapy. He was hoping to regain enough strength to come home, but he passed away later that night, his heart finally gave out. He had battled cancer for almost 3 years and was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. He had a quadruple bypass back in November. 50-ish years of smoking (and many years of drinking) are not good for you. My dad was only 67, but looked much older when he passed away.

Although he never played a huge role in my life, he was always fun to be around. He was a big influence when I was very young, and then also in my late 20's, when I got to work with him quite a bit doing side jobs for his drywall business. We got to do some great fishing as well. My brother and I got to see a lot of him over the last few years while helping out around he and my grandfather's.

We'll miss you dad.

No comments: