Sunday, January 4, 2009

Small victory!




Got a win at the $1-1 last night. Was up quite a bit, almost $200 for a while, then made the mistake of trying to bluff TK, and of course Special K's slow-playing her set is always fun to run up against. Then you have Ryan S who never thinks I have a hand, calling with bottom pair and nailing his gutshot. Oh well, $55 in profit is better than a $300 loss, which was where I was headed. I had $310 on the table and was down to about $30. Managed to stay off tilt and get back in the game. I even had AA a few times that held up.

The tourney started out great as usual, but lost a monster hand with top-top where I knew I was good at the moment but Bernie called off the last of his chips with a flush draw and hit it. Eskimo had lead out, Bernie called, and I re-raised trying to isolate, which worked perfectly in getting Eskimo to fold. Not a bad call on Bernie's part but if I had held up I'm pretty sure I would have cashed. Instead, 2 weeks in a row I go out in 10th place, just before the final table. I pushed the last of my measly stack in with J 10 suited, and Mailman killed me with KQ. Greg is now right behind me in the POY race, with Julie a close 3rd. Gonna have to win big in the deeper stack, which is a much better structure and the payouts will be higher. I also plan to win the chili cookoff, so my confidence level that night will be pretty high.

1 comment:

Poker Jones said...

2009 should be a big upgrade. let's have a good year at the tables as well.