Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So far, so good


Chalked up a win at Ken's last night, despite absolutely DISMAL cards all night. At one point, I had (in this order) 8-2, 9-2, 10-2, J-3, Q-5, K-3, and 4-6. I'd see 7-8 suited and almost wet my pants with joy. I switched tables about halfway through, thinking that might help, and it did early on, but then flatlined shortly thereafter. Played about 4 hours with my initial $100 buy-in, managed to double it, then hit the road. Played tight and a few of the hands I took to the river held up for decent pots. New year, new attitude. Leave when ahead!

Saw a few old faces...Tom Wilson, L'il Fag, Adam, and Italian Joe were there...hadn't seen them in a long time. Good to see everyone. TK was WAY up and hitting everything. Charlie, Uncle Bob, Hip, Gross, Paoli, Sadd, Big Josh, Gary, Linda, Reigler, and a couple others completed 2 full tables.

The ride home was pretty slippery, but not as bad as a couple weeks ago.

No comments: