Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tues night at Ken's

No love...very few hands. KK cracked by JJ. Another idiot (Adam's roommate...Nick I think?) calls a $20 river bet in a $30 pot (of course, I missed my straight and flush draw, but knew he was weak) with pocket 4's, on a board of AK887, or something close. WTF? He then says "it was only $2o to call". I would think $20 would get most real poker players to fold pocket 4's here. He called a bet on the flop as well. Oh well, I'll never bluff him again. He's on the "unbluffable" list. He had well over $500 in front of him and lost it all. Well played sir.

Anyway, I lost a couple of $100 buy-in's. Did quite a bit better than Charlie Ha, who was down $750 on the night. Hey Charlie...it's a $.50-$1.00 game!!! You aren't going to make that up. That's OK though. I have come to the conclusion that Uncle Bob and Charlie are like the Fed injecting huge amounts of cash into our little poker economy, which has definitely been hit by the economic downturn. We used to have $1-2 games everywhere with the occasional $2-5, although the $1-2 plays much like a $2-5 in our group. I would hate to see what would happen to the game if those guys stopped showing up. No pot would be over $20.

No comments: