Thursday, January 22, 2009

Win at Dave's

Got a nice win last night, after going $310 deep in the $1-1 cash game last night. Dave was cool enough to loan me a buy-in after the last of my chips went in with AJ suited vs AA and got no love.

Andre was there and it was only 9:15, and Dave offered up the loan, so I decided to stick around for another go at it. Good thing too, because I nailed some hands. Got AA 3 times, and they held up! Flopped a set of 5's (Presto!!) against Andre and let him bet all the way, getting my whole stack in the middle. Later, I flopped a boat with 10-10 (board was 10-7-7) with Dave and (forget his name) in the hand, and the other guy had a 7 and went all-in.

Got into a hand with Colin where I had JJ and a 9-high board. He had 10-10 and laid it down after my $50 turn bet. That was another nice pot.

Ended up with a $200+ win, which is great compared to the small wins and big losses I'd been taking recently.

Side note: Congrats to Julie who has made it through Day 1 at Borgata. That would be pretty cool if another member went deep in a big tourney. Homeless Sam has done it a couple times, and Dohar made a final table in a WSOP "2nd chance" tourney when we were all out there a couple years ago. One of my goals is to win some decent $$ in a big tourney. Just gotta build up a decent enough bankroll to buy into one :)

1 comment:

diverjoules said...

Thanks Rich. Sorry I could not make it all the way. That would have been SWEEEET!!!