Monday, April 20, 2009

Saturday Night

So, just to set the record straight, I was just bustin Hip's balls with that last post. He knows I love him, I just can't beat him in a hand. He made a good call as usual. I do bluff Hip a lot and he catches me a lot. NH.

Basic rundown from Sat night:

Started off bad, got down to $80 or so, built it back up to almost $500 after shifting gears, then got AA and KK cracked by KK and AK respectively in the last 20 min of the night, and lost the last of my stack with 6-7 of hearts on a board of 45x (or 58x) with 2 hearts. I had the open-ender/flush draw.

Can't even complain about bad calls or anything with any of the hands. Danny C got lucky against my AA and KK, hitting a 2 and 3-outer, but I couldn't expect him to lay down preflop, even though I did re-raise him. On the 6-7, we were both gambling against Colin's AA when he re-raised big preflop. I am pretty sure my hand was a favorite after the flop, but Danny had the bigger flush draw with K8, and we both hit the flush.

So Danny had 2 buy-ins of $60 invested and cashed $850. That'll keep him coming back at least, and you can't hit 2-outers every time. He's not a donkey but he plays the cash game like a tourney. One thing he should really be aware of though is the slow-roll. Eventually someone is gonna blow up at him.

2 comments:

hiphop said...

Explain the bottom pair call? I remember raising your bet when board was A-J-x and I had K-10

You had shit just as I figured

Blogger #722346B said...

The hand I was thinking of you had a 4, with a 4 on the board. I bet the turn and river and you called both. Good call.

Yes, you had me beat with the K-10 raise. I think I had Q-9 or Q-10.