Monday, April 6, 2009

Thanks for the free dishwasher

Ugh..I've got another cold. This is like 3 in a month and a half. Hopefully it will go away as fast as the others. Good thing I dont smoke any more, colds were awful when I smoked. I'll have to make some crock pot chicken soup tonight. Easier than actually cooking it. :)

So, on to the poker. I played an awful tourney this weekend. Got into too many jackpots too early, then ran into Eskimo's set of K's after I turned 2 pr with an A4 sooooted. Aside from Julie, it was a table full of donkeys for the most part. Too many donkeys is a bad thing. They overplay hands, bluff too much, overbet the pot...you know how it goes. Hard to tell where you're at. I got frustrated and impatient, which is not a good combination. Bounty tourney next week...that should be fun. I took out a ton of people in the last one, which I think I won.

So, on to the cash game. Quaded up on the very first hand with J2 (from the BB) and took about half of Bill D's stack. Bill was in rare form Saturday. He had a shitload of great one-liners and I can't remember any of them, but he was pretty damned funny. He later went into lockdown mode and barely played any hands.

I had just won a couple of small pots and decided to play the rush and called $3 with J6, and then $8 more when it was raised. Pot was down to me, Jamie, and Lawyer Jen. Jamie was another main reason I played the hand. I totally had his number all night. So the flop is 336, rainbow. Jen pushes her last $24 or so, Jamie, calls, and I just flat-call. Turn is a brick for me, and we both check the dry side pot. River is a 6! I bet $40, but Jamie folds. Jen flips over AA, and I pull in a nice pot. I got ridiculed pretty good for the J6, but a win is a win. Jen sure wasn't happy.

We were playing the 7-2 game, and I won another decent pot with a pr of 2's with my 7-2. There were like 2-3 others in the hand with me.

After all the donkified play, I actually got focused and started making decent decisions. I tossed 2 pr against Colin, who had a straight. I called Jamie on a few bluffs, and pissed him off. He tried to bluff on the river after I checked my pair (2nd pair on the board), and he just had to fire. He did this all night, playing every hand. I got him for close to $200, but he still managed to cash with a nice stack. He really got into Monsignor's kitchen, finally sending him home after cracking Monsignor's QQ with A3. It was $16 preflop. Even I can lay that down. Not Jamie. He called cold.

So at 4:15 am, after we finished playing showdown during the cashouts, I cashed in $785 on a single buy-in of $100. Not bad for a $1-1 game. It's gonna pay for a portable dishwasher for the new apartment.

2 comments:

diverjoules said...

good luck at the bounty tourney Rich, but it is not until April 25th I believe. Thanks for the compliment too. :-)

Blogger #722346B said...

I dont know why I thought the bounty tourney was last weekend...brain cramp!!