Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dave's Wed night

Played what will probably be my last $1-1 game last night. I just don't win at it. Something is definitely wrong when I win 80% of the time at $1-2 but only 30% at 1-1.

Anyway, last night, I got my first buy-in into the pot preflop with AA against KK. Guess what happened.

Next, I hit an open-ender on the river for a nut straight against a well-disguised and well-played full house by TK. NH sir. He actually checked the turn (when he hit it) and the river.

Later, I called off my stack with the stone cold nuts (K-high straight) after Andrew re-raised all-in with a gutshot (that would have chopped) and a flush draw, with 1 card to come. Nailed it!!

Shoved my last $40 into the pot after TK raised to $15 preflop. I had 77, he had A-10. Guess what.

So last night wasn't so much a matter of the 1-1 being a different game, which it is...it was just a matter of getting sucked out, except for TK's boat.

Either way, I'll be playing at Nautica as long as I keep winning. Makes no sense to play any other game until the donks down there learn to play. See you there.

2 comments:

diverjoules said...

I would really love to know what you feel the differneces you think exist between 1/1 and 1/2. And yes Rich, I am being serious. Email me sometime. I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Blogger #722346B said...

Preflop bets/raises are VASTLY different. We actually had this conversation during the game, and all the 1-2 players agreed that there is a difference.

Average preflop raise at 1-1 is $3-5, where in 1-2, $10-15 is not uncommon.