Monday, August 17, 2009

Quick post

Sorry, it's been nuts around work and I haven't been motivated to post after work. In the process of buying a used vehicle for my wife. We found a Ford (yes, I know) Escape with fairly low mileage and in great shape for $2k so we jumped on it. My Sebring has 170K miles on it and has seen its better days. I should be able to get $1500 for it, so it's a $500 upgrade.

Poker news...lost the heads-up with Colin, lost a couple buy-ins that night in the cash game, and then won almost $1000 playing $2-5 at Nautica last Wed or Thurs. The players are just as terrible, they just splash around a LOT more chips. I saw a guy call off over $300 in a $100 pot with bottom pair and 10 kicker. Dream come true. All I did was hit a flush on the river and flop a straight. Shoved my money in and got called. I played just over an hour. Wooo!! What a bunch of awful players. Anyone with a bit of patience should have no problem making money there. Just shove your stack in with any hand better than 2 pair.

Looks like I may play at Dave's $1 cash game on Wed. I plan to buy in for the max and play it like a $1-2 anyway. I don't see why they don't just make it a $1-2 to begin with and raise the buy-in another $50. What's the big deal? We'll see...I may just end up downtown.

2 comments:

hiphop said...

Mention my slow roll....it was awesome

Blogger #722346B said...

Hip slow rolled. It was awesome.