Monday, August 24, 2009

Nautica this weekend

I wish I'd had more time to spend down there over the weekend, with all the activity going on. I managed to stop by for 2 hrs on Sat afternoon and profited $685.

Got lucky early after getting all $215 of my stack in preflop with KK. I got min-raised to $40 after raising the initial $7 bump. I told the guy, "here's all the information you need". He of course says "Call!" AA. Ouch, NH sir. But... K on the river! Apparently it was the case K as well.

So I gave back all that profit after turning a straight and getting rivered by some old guy's 5-high flush. I did regroup and got it back from him after he pushed on a flop of A-10-x rainbow. I had AQ, he had AJ. Turn was a blank, river was another 10. He flipped over the AJ with the flourish of a matador. Sorry, out-kicked old man.

I later chased a nut flush that panned out. Guy checks to me on the river after betting big all the way. I push my last $110 into a $300+ pot, and he calls. I dont understand why he wouldn't have put me in on the river to possibly apply pressure. If you can call my all-in on the river, you can BET!! Not that I was going anywhere with the nuts, but just sayin'.

That's really about it. Took a mid-sized pot with A's full of 9's, and pocket 10's got a favorable flop twice to grab a couple of other pots.

Got my chips off the table after 2 hours, but would like to have stuck around. My little man thought it would have been a good day, but family comes first.

Slight reprieve at work today, but back to busting ass tomorrow. We'll now be pretty slammed through at least Halloween.

No comments: