Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Limit poker rocks!

I stopped down to Nautica on Saturday and had a limited amount of time to play, so I put my name on the NL list and grabbed an open seat in the $2 limit game. I thought the NL players were bad. WOW! These limit players make the $1-2 donks look like Phil Helmuth. People calling river bets with 4 to a flush out there, 4-5 people in the hand, and all they hold is middle pair. Unreal.

So, I pretty much saw every $2 flop that I could, and jammed the pot the couple times I had 2 pair or better, and walked away 45 min later up $75. I almost stuck around, and I guess I should have.

So I sit down at my NL table with only about 45 min to play. Bought in for $200 and chipped down to around $140 after missing a few draws and flops. I called a small raise in late position with J8 or J9 of spades, and saw a flop with about 4-5 others. I flop a gutshot and top pair, but all the cards are hearts. It checks to me and I bet something like half the pot and got 1 caller. I figure he has A or K of hearts. Turn is a brick and I give him the free card since no one folds a flush draw (including me) and the river gives me the straight. He checks. The pot is around $80, and I think I had $120 left, so I toss it all in, and get insta-called by the nut flush. Oops!. I thought I had him for sure after the river, thinking at best he had AA or KK with the flush draw. Well-played I guess. I didn't rebuy and just hit the road.

SO I show up yesterday, play for an hour and a half, and cashed $1003 on a single buy-in. Not only did I hit a few monster hands, but there were 2 people at the table just throwing a party. They each had $500+ in front of them, and I got some from each of them. I didn't have to try anything creative, I just bet my hands and they paid me off.

Uncle Bob was there and I was just getting up when they came to collect seat fees, so I told him to sit at my table and pointed out the donks. Hopefully he went home a winner.

No comments: