Friday, August 28, 2009

Thursday night out with the CPMG

Blake's Seafood at Crocker Park has $2 burger/fries, along with other great happy hour items. We stopped in yesterday before seeing District 9, a pretty good sci-fi thriller. It got mixed reviews from the group, but I liked it. It really put a new twist on the "aliens visiting earth" scenario.

After that, I stopped by Grayday's super-secret invite-only $.25-.50 cash game (Yeah, I know) and actually won $62 after an hour and a half. Kittensmashr and Matt G were there, and Hua Cool followed me from the movie theater. Matt G won a huge pot and had a nice stack. The other guys were a little baked (the guy to my left just kept staring at the table) so the more-experienced players like Grayday, KS, and Matt were taking full advantage. I got them for a few pots as well. Overall it was a friendly game and I didn't have to risk much money. Max buy-in was only $50. Usually, I'd play too many hands in a low stakes game like this but somehow managed to fold enough to hang onto my profit. Maybe I've finally found a low stakes game I can beat!! :)

Happy Friday.

No comments: